Visiting Siem Reap
History buffs will enjoy exploring Siem Reap, and visitors give high marks for the temples, local tours, and lively bar scene. This culturally-rich city also attracts tourists with its shopping. A top sight in the city is Angkor Wat.
- There are 698 hotels and other accommodations in Siem Reap
- The closest major airport is in Siem Reap (REP-Siem Reap Intl.), 4.5 mi (7.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Siem Reap
Cultural venues in the city include Siem Reap Art Center, Angkor National Museum, and Preah Norodom Sihanouk-Angkor Museum. Its temples and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Angkor Wat, Siem Reap Royal Residence, and Shrine to Preah Ang Check and Preah Ang Chom. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the sunrises and these places to visit: Royal Garden, Angkor Archaeological Park, and Tonle Sap Lake.
In Siem Reap, you'll be able to select from 698 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Shintana Saya Residence - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to the airport and bathrooms.
- Jaya House River Park - Our customers like the bar and proximity to the airport at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features 2 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and free breakfast.
- Golden Temple Villa - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its bar and pool.
Dressing for Siem Reap
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 94°F during the day and 67°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 94°F, while the average at night is 75°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 74°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 66°F
- Average annual rainfall for Siem Reap is 3.27 inches
- Usually April and March are the hottest months with an average of 93°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 68°F