Find Hotels in Skipton
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Oct 25, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 27, 2020
Luxury-minded travelers will find upscale places to stay in Skipton, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the spas. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its churches. Top sights around the area include Bolton Abbey, Bronte Parsonage Museum, and Kirkstall Abbey.
- There are 102 hotels and other accommodations in Skipton
- The closest major airport is in Leeds (LBA-Leeds Bradford), 15.9 mi (25.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Skipton
Attractions like Hesketh Farm Park, Parcevall Hall Gardens, and Kilnsey Park Estate are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Bolton Abbey, Skipton Castle, and Bolton Priory. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the countryside and these places to visit: Thornton Hall Farm Country Park, Grimwith Reservoir, and Gordale Scar.
In Skipton, you'll find 102 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Lister Arms - This 4-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and comfortable beds.
- Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa - Our customers like the dining options and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- The Plough Inn - With a stay at this 3.5-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Top places to visit in the area include Bronte Parsonage Museum, 9.3 mi/15 km from the city center, and Kirkstall Abbey, which is 19.3 mi (31 km) away.
Getting Around Skipton
If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Skipton Station, Gargrave Station, or Skipton Hellifield Station. Skipton might not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Skipton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 48°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 35°F
- From April to June, the average is 64°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 67°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 56°F as the daytime average and 35°F as the nighttime average
- Skipton gets about 0.79 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 65°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 35°F