Visiting St. John's
Travelers to St. John's give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping and live music. Top sights in the city include Dickenson Bay Beach and Fort James.
- There are 53 hotels and other accommodations in St. John's
- The closest major airport is in St. John's (ANU-V.C. Bird Intl.), 4.2 mi (6.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Plymouth (MNI-Gerald's Field), 32.7 mi (52.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in St. John's
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Dickenson Bay Beach, Runaway Bay Beach, and Fort Bay Beach. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Heritage Quay and Public Market. Exploring the waterfront is a top activity, and Jolly Harbour Marina is one place to visit.
In St. John's, there are 53 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Villas at Sunset Lane - Adults Only - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Yepton Estate Cottages - Our customers love the beach locale and high-quality beds at this cottage. This 3-star cottage features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Buccaneer Beach Club - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its pool and helpful staff.
Other top sights in St. John's include Fort James. Outside the city, top places to visit include Nelson's Dockyard, located 10.9 mi (17.6 km) from the city center, and Devil's Bridge, which is 12 mi (19.3 km) away.
Dressing for St. John's
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 84°F and the nighttime average to be 70°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 72°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 88°F during the day and 71°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for St. John's is 42.99 inches
- Hottest months are usually September and October with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 71°F