Visitors to Stonehaven are sure to enjoy the waterfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's sporting events and seafood restaurants. Around the area, top sights include Academy, Drum Castle, and Hazlehead Park.
- There are 18 hotels and other accommodations in Stonehaven
- The closest major airport is in Aberdeen (ABZ), 15.7 mi (25.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Stonehaven
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Dunnottar Castle and Dunnottar Castle. Additionally, you might want to add Stonehaven Tolbooth to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Stonehaven. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Crawfield Grange B&B - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Shorehead Guest House - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable rooms at this guesthouse. Amenities at this 4-star guesthouse include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Woodside of Glasslaw Guesthouse - Amenities at this 4-star guesthouse include free parking and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast.
Top places to see outside the city include Academy, located 13.2 mi (21.2 km) from the city center, and Drum Castle, which is 8.8 mi/14.2 km away.
Getting Around Stonehaven
With so many choices for transportation, exploring all of Stonehaven is easy. To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Stonehaven Station. You can learn about water transportation options at the local port.
Dressing for Stonehaven
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 49°F during the day and 33°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 62°F, while the average at night is 36°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 64°F with nighttime averages of 45°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 56°F and nighttime averages of 34°F
- Stonehaven gets about 1.14 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 63°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 34°F