Travelers give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Sumter, which is also known for its shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's lakeside setting, gardens, and festivals. A top sight in the city is Lake Marion.
- There are 48 hotels and other accommodations in Sumter
- The closest major airport is in Florence, SC (FLO-Florence Regional), 39.9 mi (64.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Columbia, SC (CAE-Columbia Metropolitan), 44.9 mi (72.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sumter
Attractions like Swan Lake Iris Gardens and Santee National Wildlife Refuge are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city's natural beauty is on display at Lake Marion, Dillion Park, and Palmetto Park. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Sumter Mall is a favorite for retail therapy.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 48 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Sumter. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- 1912 Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- SpringHill Suites Sumter - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hyatt Place Sumter / Downtown - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Dressing for Sumter
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 71°F and the nighttime average to be 32°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 45°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 79°F during the day and 32°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Sumter is 46.93 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 34°F