Visitors to Syosset are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping, coffeehouses, and live music. Around the area, top sights include Sky Zone, Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, and Belmont Park.
- There are 295 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Farmingdale, NY (FRG-Republic), 7.3 mi (11.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in New York, NY (JFK-John F. Kennedy Intl.), 18.6 mi (30 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Syosset
Sky Zone, Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, and Belmont Park are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Oyster Bay Golf Course and Plainview Shopping Center.
Here's a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Comfort Inn Syosset - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and helpful staff.
Getting Around Syosset
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Syosset Station. Syosset might not have very many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Syosset
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 23°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 68°F during the day and 26°F at night
- About 43.74 inches of rain falls on Syosset each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 25°F