Visitors to Melville are sure to enjoy the restaurants and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its festivals. Top sights around the area include Sky Zone, Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, and Belmont Park.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodations in Melville
- The closest major airport is in Farmingdale, NY (FRG-Republic), 3.8 mi (6.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Islip, NY (ISP-MacArthur), 16.3 mi (26.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Melville
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Sky Zone, Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, and Belmont Park. Additionally, you'll find Walt Whitman Birthplace State Historic Site and Old Bethpage Village Restoration in the area.
Below is a top rated accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Melville Marriott Long Island - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and bar.
Dressing for Melville
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 23°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 68°F as the daytime average and 26°F as the nighttime average
- About 43.74 inches of rain falls on Melville each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 25°F