Families will find kid-friendly activities in Tannersville, and visitors give high marks for the ski areas, magnificent mountain views, and shopping. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its water parks, restaurants, and casinos. Top sights around the area include Camelback Ski Area and Pocono Raceway.
- There are 52 hotels and other accommodations in Tannersville
- The closest major airport is in Allentown, PA (ABE-Lehigh Valley Intl.), 27.9 mi (44.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Wilkes-Barre, PA (AVP-Scranton Intl.), 28.6 mi (46 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tannersville
Favorite family attractions include Aquatopia and Camelbeach Mountain Waterpark. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and The Crossings Premium Outlets is a favorite for retail therapy. Skiing is a top activity, and Camelback Ski Area is one place to visit.
In Tannersville, you'll be able to select from 52 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Best Western Plus Poconos Hotel - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and proximity to shopping.
- Chateau Resort & Conference Center - Our customers like the overall value at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and an indoor pool.
- Days Inn by Wyndham Tannersville - This 2-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its overall value and proximity to shopping.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Pocono Raceway, 9.1 mi/14.6 km from the center of the city.
Dressing for Tannersville
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 48°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 15°F
- From April to June, the average is 77°F during the day and 30°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 62°F as the daytime average and 17°F as the nighttime average
- Tannersville gets about 48.74 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 77°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 17°F