History buffs will enjoy exploring Telford, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, lively bar scene, and shopping. The welcoming and culturally-rich setting also entices those visiting the city.
- There are 55 hotels and other accommodations in Telford
- The closest major airport is in Birmingham (BHX), 33.8 mi (54.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Telford
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Ironbridge Museum, Museum of the Gorge, and Coalport China Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Iron Bridge. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Telford Shopping Centre and Maws Craft Centre.
In Telford, you'll be able to select from 55 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Ironbridge View Townhouse - Amenities in this 5-star apartment include a kitchen, a washer/dryer, and a living room. Expedia travelers love its central location and high-quality beds.
- Grove House Guest House - Our customers like the convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms at this guesthouse. With a stay at this 2.5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- The Foundry Masters House - This 3.5-star inn features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean rooms.
Getting Around Telford
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Telford Central Station, Oakengates Station, or Telford Wellington Shropshire Station. Telford may not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Telford
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 33°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 68°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 70°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 59°F during the day and 36°F at night
- Telford gets about 25.75 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 68°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 35°F