Families will find kid-friendly activities in Victoria, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cathedral, architecture, and cafés.
- There are 55 hotels and other accommodations in Victoria
- The closest major airport is in Victoria, TX (VCT-Victoria Regional), 6.1 mi (9.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Rockport, TX (RKP-Aransas County), 49 mi (78.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Victoria
Cultural venues in the city include Yorktown Museum, Children's Discovery Museum, and Texana Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Goliad State Park & Historic Site, Goliad County Courthouse, and Holy Cross Catholic Church. The city's natural beauty is on display at Lighthouse Beach, DeLeon Park, and Lake Texana State Park.
In Victoria, you'll be able to select from 55 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Best Western Plus Goliad Inn & Suites - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and pool.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Victoria - South - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Antlers Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Victoria
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 78°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 43°F
- From April to June, the average is 93°F during the day and 56°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 96°F during the day and 65°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 43°F as the nighttime average
- Victoria gets about 41.22 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 94°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 44°F