Visitors can enjoy all that Waterford has to offer including the wineries, parks, and museums. There are 27 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Hamilton, ON (YHM-John C. Munro Hamilton Intl.), 23.3 mi (37.4 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Kitchener, ON (YKF-Region of Waterloo Intl.), 35.3 mi (56.7 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Waterford
Favorite places to visit in the city include Waterford Heritage & Agricultural Museum, Waterford North Conservation Area, and Whistling Gardens. Additionally, you might want to add Bonnieheath Estate Lavender & Winery to your agenda.
As you plan your trip to Waterford, you might not find accommodations in the city center, but you can choose from 27 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- The Butter Barn Bed & Breakfast is located 1.4 mi (2.2 km) from the heart of Waterford. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Waterford features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Holiday Inn Express and Suites Brantford is 15.5 mi (24.9 km) from the center of Waterford. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Brantford can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Days Inn by Wyndham Brantford is 15.4 mi (24.9 km) from central Waterford. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Brantford can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and convenient parking.
Dressing for Waterford
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 45°F and the nighttime average to be 14°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 78°F during the day and 30°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 65°F during the day and 19°F at night
- Waterford gets about 1.18 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 75°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 16°F