Find Hotels in Whitefish, MT
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Nov 1, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Oct 28, 2020
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Whitefish, and visitors give high marks for the stunning glacier views and lakeside setting. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its scenic landscape. Top sights in the city include Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, and Flathead Lake.
- There are 1007 hotels and other accommodations in Whitefish
- The closest major airport is in Kalispell, MT (FCA-Glacier Park Intl.), 8.1 mi (13.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Whitefish
Cultural venues in the city include Bigfork Summer Playhouse, Whitefish Theatre Company, and Lake Koocanusa Arena. Attractions like House of Mystery and Montana Vortex, Big Sky Waterpark, and Woodland Water Park are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Frank Lloyd Wright Building, Conrad Mansion Museum, and First Baptist Church.
In Whitefish, you'll be able to select from 1007 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Coyote Bluff Estate - With a stay at this 4.5-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a computer station, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and overall condition.
- Moss Mountain Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this B&B. With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Whitefish - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Other favorite sights in Whitefish include Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort, Glacier National Park, and Flathead Lake.
Getting Around Whitefish
To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Whitefish Depot or West Glacier Station. Whitefish may not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Whitefish
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 51°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 15°F
- From April to June, the average is 76°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 33°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 63°F as the daytime average and 14°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Whitefish is 16.99 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 17°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Whitefish?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Whitefish, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Whitefish?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Whitefish?
What's the best place to stay for a family vacation to Whitefish?
What's the best place to stay for couples in Whitefish?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Whitefish?
Where is the best place to stay with easy access to Glacier National Park?
What about the best place to stay close to Whitefish Mountain Ski Resort?
What's the best accommodation for a beach vacation in Whitefish?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Whitefish?
What are some accommodations with pools in Whitefish?
Recent reviews of Whitefish hotels
More trip options
- Whitefish Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Whitefish Airports
- Hotels in Whitefish Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Whitefish Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Whitefish
- More Hotel Options in Whitefish
- More Popular Hotels in Montana
- Other Hotels near Whitefish, Montana
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends