Visitors to Winchester are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's coffeehouses, shopping, and football games. Top sights in the area include Rupp Arena, Mary Todd Lincoln House, and Kroger Field.
- You'll find 217 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Lexington
- The closest major airport is in Lexington, KY (LEX-Blue Grass), 25.1 mi (40.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Winchester
The picturesque setting of Lykins Park and Community Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Bluegrass Heritage Museum and Southwind Golf Course.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Winchester. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Winchester - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Best Western Winchester Hotel - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this motel. This 2.5-star motel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Comfort Inn - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Kroger Field, located 20 mi (32.3 km) from the heart of the city, and Mary Todd Lincoln House, which is 20.3 mi/32.6 km away.
Dressing for Winchester
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 61°F and the nighttime average to be 21°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September averages 86°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 73°F during the day and 21°F at night
- About 45.59 inches of rain falls on Winchester each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 85°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 22°F