Find Hotels in Altamira
Great deals on hotels, cabins, vacation homes & more
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Visitors can enjoy all that Altamira has to offer including its restaurants. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its welcoming locals.
- You'll find 42 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Tampico
- The closest major airport is in Tampico, Tamaulipas (TAM-General Francisco Javier Mina Intl.), 9.6 mi (15.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Altamira
Places to visit in the larger region include Playa Miramar, Plaza Herradura Shopping Center, and Autonomous University of Tamaulipas. Additionally, you'll find Tamaulipas Stadium and Tres Arcos Shopping Center in the area.
Below is a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Tampico Altamira - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and room size.
Dressing for Altamira
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 80°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 60°F
- From April to June, the average is 88°F during the day and 70°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 85°F as the daytime average and 62°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Altamira is 48.70 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 62°F