Visitors can enjoy all that Amatitlan has to offer including the spas and restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing and welcoming setting. A top sight in the area is La Merced Church.
- You'll find 110 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Guatemala City
- The closest major airport is in Guatemala City (GUA-La Aurora Intl.), 9.9 mi (16 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Amatitlan
La Merced Church is a notable place to visit in the region. Additionally, you'll find Volcan de Pacaya and Volcan de Agua in the area.
Here's a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Kawilal Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
Dressing for Amatitlan
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 82°F and the nighttime average to be 53°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 58°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 60°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 54°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Amatitlan is 51.06 inches
- Hottest months are usually May and April with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 54°F