Visiting Amish Country
Travelers to Amish Country give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Scenic and relaxing, this city also attracts tourists with its sporting events.
- You'll find 96 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of New Philadelphia
- The closest major airport is in Akron, OH (CAK-Akron-Canton), 28.7 mi (46.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Akron, OH (AKC-Akron Fulton Intl.), 35.5 mi (57.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Amish Country
Cultural venues in the city include Yoder's Amish Home, David Warther Carvings, and Amish and Mennonite Heritage Center. Notable city landmarks like World's Largest Cuckoo Clock and Schrock's Amish Farm & Village might be worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Mt. Hope Event Center and The Farm at Walnut Creek.
In Amish Country, you'll find 61 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Wallhouse Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Blessings Lodge - Our customers like the comfortable rooms at this guesthouse. Amenities at this 2.5-star guesthouse include free WiFi and free parking.
- Berlin Grande Hotel - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an indoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and convenient parking.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Pro Football Hall of Fame, located 25 mi (40.3 km) from the center of the city.
Dressing for Amish Country
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 57°F and the nighttime average to be 20°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 70°F during the day and 21°F at night
- About 41.81 inches of rain falls on Amish Country each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 22°F