Find Hotels in Appleton, WI
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Sep 18, 2020
Reviewed on Aug 13, 2020
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Appleton, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its riverfront, breweries, and university setting. Top sights in the city include Hearthstone Historic House Museum, Gardens of the Fox Cities, and Fox Cities Performing Arts Center.
- There are 34 hotels and other accommodations in Appleton
- The closest major airport is in Appleton, WI (ATW-Appleton Intl.), 5.1 mi (8.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Green Bay, WI (GRB-Austin Straubel Intl.), 21.1 mi (33.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Appleton
Cultural venues in the city include Hearthstone Historic House Museum, Fox Cities Performing Arts Center, and History Museum at the Castle. Favorite family attractions include Building for Kids Children's Museum and Barlow Planetarium. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and Gardens of the Fox Cities.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 34 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Appleton. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Courtyard by Marriott Appleton Riverfront - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and quiet location.
- Residence Inn Appleton - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- CopperLeaf Boutique Hotel & Spa - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Wisconsin International Raceway, located 7.4 mi (11.9 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Appleton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 47°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 10°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 30°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 64°F as the daytime average and 11°F as the nighttime average
- Appleton gets about 31.06 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 12°F