Visiting Arab Street District
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Arab Street District, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Vibrant and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its cafés. Chinatown Heritage Center, National Orchid Garden, and Universal Studios Singapore® are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 25 hotels and other accommodations in Arab Street District
- The closest major airport is in Singapore (SIN-Changi), 9.5 mi (15.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Batam Batu Besar (BTH-Hang Nadim), 21.5 mi (34.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Arab Street District
The city's cultural venues include Malay Heritage Centre and Children Little Museum. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Haji Lane, Golden Mile Complex, and Fu Lu Shou Complex. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Hajjah Fatimah Mosque and Sultan Mosque.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 25 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Arab Street District. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Andaz Singapore - a concept by Hyatt - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Kampong Glam can enjoy access to 6 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with a free stocked minibar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and proximity to public transit.
- The Vagabond Club, Singapore, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel - Our customers like the clean, comfortable rooms and bed quality at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Kampong Glam can enjoy access to a restaurant and a 24-hour fitness center, along with free WiFi.
- XY Hotel Bugis Singapore - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Kampong Glam can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and comfortable beds.
Top places to visit outside the city include Chinatown Heritage Center, 1.8 mi/2.9 km from the heart of the city, and National Orchid Garden, which is 3.3 mi (5.3 km) away.
Getting Around Arab Street District
You can take advantage of metro transit at Nicoll Highway Station, Lavender Station, and Bugis Station. If you'd like to explore around the area, consider renting a car to take in more sights.
Dressing for Arab Street District
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 88°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 73°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 75°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 74°F as the nighttime average
- Arab Street District gets about 3.23 inches of rain per year
- May and April are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 73°F