Visitors can enjoy all that Armstrong has to offer including the wineries, local tours, and theaters. Tourists can also enjoy the city's restaurants and art. A top sight in the area is Silver Star Mountain Resort.
- You'll find 61 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Salmon Arm
- The closest major airport is in Kelowna, BC (YLW-Kelowna Intl.), 34.6 mi (55.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Kamloops, BC (YKA), 54.5 mi (87.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Armstrong
The city's cultural venues include Caravan Farm Theatre and Armstrong Spallumcheen Museum and Art Gallery. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Village Cheese Company and Edge of the Earth Vineyards.
This is a top accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Maple Bed & Breakfast - This 2.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Silver Star Mountain Resort, 11.1 mi/17.8 km from the city center.
Dressing for Armstrong
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 50°F during the day and 13°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 78°F, while the average at night is 31°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 39°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 60°F and nighttime averages of 17°F
- Average annual rainfall for Armstrong is 0.43 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 79°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 17°F