History buffs will enjoy exploring Astoria, and visitors give high marks for the riverfront, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its museums and breweries. A top sight in the area is Ecola State Park.
- You'll find 2888 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Oregon Coast
- The closest major airport is in Astoria, OR (AST-Astoria Regional), 3.5 mi (5.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Astoria
Well-known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Columbia River Maritime Museum, Oregon Film Museum, and Flavel House Museum. Attractions like Astoria Aquatic Center and Astoria Riverfront Trolley are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Astoria Column and Fort Clatsop National Memorial.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 31 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Astoria. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Cannery Pier Hotel - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Rose River Inn Bed and Breakfast - Our customers like the walkable location and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. This 2.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Commodore Hotel - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a free manager's reception and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and overall value.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Cannon Beach, located 21.3 mi (34.3 km) from the city center, and Ecola State Park, which is 18.4 mi (29.6 km) away.
Dressing for Astoria
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 55°F during the day and 37°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 66°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 69°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 65°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- Astoria gets about 67.26 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and September are the hottest months with an average of 68°F, whereas December and February are often coldest, averaging 37°F