Travelers to Bakewell give high marks for the lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its riverfront. Beauchief Abbey, Arts Tower, and Peace Gardens are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 40 hotels and other accommodations in Bakewell
- The closest major airport is in Manchester (MAN), 26.4 mi (42.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in East Midlands (EMA), 30.2 mi (48.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bakewell
Favorite places to visit in the city include All Saints Church, Peak District National Park Authority, and Haddon Hall Manor. Additionally, you might want to add Chatsworth House to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 40 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Bakewell. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Devonshire Arms at Pilsley - With a stay at this 3-star inn, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Cavendish Hotel - Our customers like the helpful staff and location at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free WiFi, and free parking.
- The Farmyard Inn - With a stay at this 3-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room coffeemaker. Expedia customers like its bar and convenient parking.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Beauchief Abbey, located 11.6 mi (18.6 km) from the city center, and Arts Tower, which is 14.6 mi/23.5 km away.
Dressing for Bakewell
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 34°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 70°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 59°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- Bakewell gets about 0.79 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 68°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 35°F