Visitors to Matlock are sure to enjoy the gardens. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its theme park. Around the area, top sights include Beauchief Abbey, Newstead Abbey, and Peace Gardens.
- There are 82 hotels and other accommodations in Matlock
- The closest major airport is in East Midlands (EMA), 23.5 mi (37.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Nottingham (NQT), 25.7 mi (41.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Matlock
The countryside and gardens exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Heights of Abraham and Lea Gardens. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Gulliver's Kingdom and Crich Tramway Village.
In Matlock, you'll find 82 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Pig of Lead - B&B - Amenities at this 3-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
- The Gables Bed & Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast at this B&B. With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi.
- Cedar House B&B - Amenities at this 4-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and room size.
Popular places to see in the area include Beauchief Abbey, 14.6 mi/23.6 km from the city center, and Newstead Abbey, which is 16.9 mi (27.2 km) away.
Getting Around Matlock
If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from Matlock Bath Station, Matlock Station, or Cromford Station. Matlock might not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Matlock
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 34°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 70°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 59°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- Average annual rainfall for Matlock is 0.79 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 68°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 35°F