Visitors to Carrickfergus are sure to enjoy the bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses, waterfront, and coffeehouses. Around the area, top sights include Belfast Castle, Titanic Belfast, and Odyssey Arena.
- There are 10 hotels and other accommodations in Carrickfergus
- The closest major airport is in Belfast (BHD-George Best Belfast City), 8.9 mi (14.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Belfast (BFS-Belfast Intl.), 17.1 mi (27.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Carrickfergus
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Carrickfergus Castle. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are St. Nicholas Church and Carrickfergus Marina.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Carrickfergus. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Dobbins Inn Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its WiFi and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Loughshore Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
Top places to visit outside the city include Belfast Castle, located 8.4 mi (13.5 km) from the city center, and Titanic Belfast, which is 9.8 mi (15.8 km) away.
Dressing for Carrickfergus
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 66°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 65°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 58°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- Carrickfergus gets about 1.22 inches of rain per year
- Usually June and July are the hottest months with an average of 65°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 35°F