Visitors can enjoy all that Barnegat has to offer including its theaters. There are 244 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Atlantic City, NJ (ACY-Atlantic City Intl.), 26.5 mi (42.7 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Belmar, NJ (BLM-Monmouth Executive), 29.4 mi (47.4 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Barnegat
Places to visit in the larger region include Albert Music Hall, Exelon Corporation Oyster Creek Generating Station, and Eagleswood Amusement Park. In the area, you'll also find Popcorn Park Zoo and Double Trouble State Park.
As you plan your trip to Barnegat, you might not find accommodations in the heart of city, but you can choose from 244 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Days Hotel by Wyndham Toms River Jersey Shore is located 14.5 mi (23.3 km) from the heart of Barnegat. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Toms River can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Drifting Sands Oceanfront is 12 mi (19.4 km) from the center of Barnegat. This 2.5-star motel in Beach Haven features free WiFi, free parking, and a 24-hour front desk. Our customers like its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
- Ramada by Wyndham Toms River is 18.9 mi (30.4 km) from central Barnegat. This 3-star hotel in Toms River features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and overall value.
Dressing for Barnegat
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 55°F and the nighttime average to be 22°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 72°F during the day and 23°F at night
- Barnegat gets about 49.13 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 23°F