Visiting Toms River
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Toms River, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its entertainment choices.
- You'll find 273 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Point Pleasant - Toms River
- The closest major airport is in Belmar, NJ (BLM-Monmouth Executive), 16.2 mi (26.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Atlantic City, NJ (ACY-Atlantic City Intl.), 40 mi (64.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Toms River
Cultural venues in the city include Ocean County Historical Museum, Knuckleheads Comedy Club, and Robert J. Novins Planetarium. Families come for attractions such as River Lady Cruise, Jump Street Skate Park, and Playdrome Lanes. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Huddy Park, Cattus Island County Park, and Shelter Cove Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Toms River. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Clarion Hotel & Conference Center - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Days Hotel by Wyndham Toms River Jersey Shore - Our customers like the beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Comfort Inn Toms River - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
Dressing for Toms River
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 55°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 22°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 72°F as the daytime average and 23°F as the nighttime average
- Toms River gets about 49.13 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 84°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 23°F