Travelers give high marks for the lively bar scene in Basingstoke, which is also known for its spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, art, and riverfront. Around the area, top sights include Oracle, Jane Austen's House Museum, and Madejski Stadium.
- There are 36 hotels and other accommodations in Basingstoke
- The closest major airport is in Southampton (SOU), 24.6 mi (39.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 31 mi (49.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Basingstoke
Notable city landmarks like Basing House and St Mary's Church might be worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are The Anvil and Festival Place.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 36 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Basingstoke. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Oakley Hall Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- The White Hart - Our customers like the helpful staff and bathrooms at this inn. With a stay at this 4-star inn, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Audleys Wood Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Oracle, 14.2 mi/22.8 km from the heart of the city, and Jane Austen's House Museum, which is 9.9 mi (15.9 km) away.
Getting Around Basingstoke
To explore the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Basingstoke Station or Basingstoke Overton Station. Basingstoke might not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Basingstoke
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 35°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 68°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 71°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 60°F during the day and 38°F at night
- Basingstoke gets about 0.98 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 69°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 36°F