Travelers give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Baytown, which is also known for its shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's sporting events, architecture, and entertainment choices. Kemah Boardwalk, Johnson Space Center - NASA, and Battleship Texas are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 1082 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Houston
- The closest major airport is in Houston, TX (EFD-Ellington Field), 19.3 mi (31 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Houston, TX (HOU-William P. Hobby), 23.3 mi (37.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Baytown
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and San Jacinto Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Houston Raceway Park and Pirates Bay Water Park.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 28 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Baytown. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- SpringHill Suites Houston Baytown - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and helpful staff.
- Hilton Garden Inn Houston-Baytown - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Executive Residency by Best Western - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Kemah Boardwalk, located 17 mi (27.4 km) from the heart of the city, and Johnson Space Center - NASA, which is 18.8 mi/30.3 km away.
Dressing for Baytown
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 76°F during the day and 45°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 57°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 93°F with nighttime averages of 68°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 85°F and nighttime averages of 45°F
- About 54.65 inches of rain falls on Baytown each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 92°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 46°F