Families will find kid-friendly activities in Kemah, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this walkable city can discover its live music, entertainment choices, and theme park. Top sights around the area include Kemah Boardwalk, Johnson Space Center - NASA, and Lone Star Flight Museum.
- You'll find 1083 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Houston
- The closest major airport is in Houston, TX (EFD-Ellington Field), 9.7 mi (15.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Houston, TX (HOU-William P. Hobby), 17 mi (27.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kemah
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and such places to visit as Deep Hole Park and Clear Lake. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Kemah Boardwalk and Kemah School House.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Kemah. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Kemah (Near Boardwalk) - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
- Kemah Boardwalk Inn - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and beach locale at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a marina, 5 restaurants, and an outdoor pool.
- Days Inn by Wyndham Kemah - This 2-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Johnson Space Center - NASA, 4.1 mi/6.5 km from the city center, and Lone Star Flight Museum, which is 9.9 mi/16 km away.
Dressing for Kemah
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 76°F and the nighttime average to be 45°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 57°F at night
- July through September averages 93°F during the day and 68°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 85°F during the day and 45°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Kemah is 54.65 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 92°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 46°F