Visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting in Bled, which is also known for its cathedral and golf courses. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its sightseeing tours. Top sights around the area include Finkenstein Castle and Lake Faak.
- There are 63 hotels and other accommodations in Bled
- The closest major airport is in Ljubljana (LJU-Joze Pucnik), 18.9 mi (30.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Klagenfurt (KLU-Woerthersee), 21.9 mi (35.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bled
The city is notable for its cathedral and landmarks like St. Martin's Parish Church and Mala Osojnica. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and Lake Bled. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Bled Castle and Church of Sv Marika Bozja.
In Bled, you'll be able to select from 63 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Triglav Bled - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and quiet location.
- Old Bled House - Our customers like the quiet location and room size at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and concierge services.
- Vila Istra - With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a computer station, along with free WiFi.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Finkenstein Castle, located 15.8 mi (25.4 km) from the heart of the city, and Lake Faak, which is 16.8 mi (27.1 km) away.
Dressing for Bled
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 55°F during the day and 16°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 76°F, while the average at night is 33°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 79°F with nighttime averages of 45°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 64°F and nighttime averages of 20°F
- About 39.29 inches of rain falls on Bled each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 77°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 20°F