Travelers to Breckenridge give high marks for the ski areas, magnificent mountain views, and riverfront. Tourists who journey to this scenic city can discover its breweries, shopping, and restaurants. Around the area, top sights include Breckenridge Ski Resort, Copper Mountain Ski Resort, and Keystone Ski Resort.
- There are 1698 hotels and other accommodations in Breckenridge
- The closest major airport is in Vail, CO (EGE-Eagle County Regional), 47.4 mi (76.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Breckenridge
The mountain views, hiking trails, and riverfront highlight the city's natural beauty, and Peak 10, McCullough Gulch Trailhead, and Dillon Reservoir are worth a visit. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Main Street is a favorite for retail therapy. Top activities include skiing and snowboarding, while Breckenridge Ski Resort is one place to visit.
In Breckenridge, there are 1698 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- BlueSky Breckenridge - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Four O'Clock can enjoy access to a full-service spa and the ski slopes, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Residence Inn by Marriott Breckenridge - Our customers like the helpful staff and room size at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Historic District can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchen.
- One Ski Hill Place, A RockResort - This 4-star resort in Peak 8 features 2 indoor pools, ski slopes, and 3 restaurants. Expedia customers like its dining options and proximity to shopping.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Copper Mountain Ski Resort, located 6 mi (9.7 km) from the city center, and Keystone Ski Resort, which is 9.9 mi (15.9 km) away.
Dressing for Breckenridge
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 40°F and the nighttime average to be 3°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 69°F during the day and 15°F at night
- July through September averages 71°F during the day and 27°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 55°F during the day and 4°F at night
- Breckenridge gets about 12.40 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 68°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 4°F