Visitors to Bristol are sure to enjoy the restaurants, bars, and lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping, theme park, and parks. Lake Compounce, Mark Twain House, and Bushnell Park are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 139 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Hartford
- The closest major airport is in Hartford, CT (HFD-Hartford - Brainard), 15.5 mi (25 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Oxford, CT (OXC-Waterbury - Oxford), 17.4 mi (27.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bristol
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and these places to visit: Bracket Park, Page Park, and Wilson Playground. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Bristol Commons Shopping Center is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are American Clock and Watch Museum and Bristol Historical Society Museum.
Here's a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and comfortable beds.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Lake Compounce, located 2.9 mi (4.6 km) from the city center, and Mark Twain House, which is 13.7 mi/22 km away.
Dressing for Bristol
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 54°F and the nighttime average to be 16°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 19°F at night
- About 47.83 inches of rain falls on Bristol each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 19°F