Families will find kid-friendly activities in Farmington, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Top sights around the area include Mark Twain House, Lake Compounce, and Bushnell Park.
- You'll find 139 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Hartford
- The closest major airport is in Hartford, CT (HFD-Hartford - Brainard), 9 mi (14.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hartford, CT (BDL-Bradley Intl.), 15.8 mi (25.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Farmington
The city's cultural venues include Stanley-Whitman House and Hill-Stead Museum. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Westfarms Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Farmington Historic District and Batterson Park Pond.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Farmington. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn and Suites Hartford/Farmington - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and room size.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford-Farmington - Our customers love the quiet location and helpful staff at this aparthotel. With a stay at this 3-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Courtyard By Marriott Farmington - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and room size.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Mark Twain House, located 7 mi (11.2 km) from the city center, and Lake Compounce, which is 7.8 mi/12.5 km away.
Dressing for Farmington
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 18°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 83°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September averages 84°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 20°F at night
- About 43.62 inches of rain falls on Farmington each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 20°F