Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Jan 17, 2021
Reviewed on Jan 22, 2021
Reviewed on Oct 13, 2020
Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Berlin, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's festivals, zoo, and coffeehouses. Top sights around the area include Lake Compounce, Mark Twain House, and Bushnell Park.
- You'll find 139 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Hartford
- The closest major airport is in Hartford, CT (HFD-Hartford - Brainard), 11.2 mi (18 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Oxford, CT (OXC-Waterbury - Oxford), 20.8 mi (33.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Berlin
Favorite places to visit in the city include Checkered Flag Raceway, Putter's Paradise Mini Golf, and Timberlin Golf Course. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Safari Golf and Webster Square Shopping Center.
This is a top rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Plus New England Inn & Suites - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and WiFi.
Popular places to see around the area include Lake Compounce, located 7.9 mi (12.7 km) from the heart of the city, and Mark Twain House, which is 11.5 mi/18.5 km away.
Getting Around Berlin
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Berlin Station. Berlin might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Berlin
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 54°F during the day and 16°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 33°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 69°F and nighttime averages of 19°F
- Average annual rainfall for Berlin is 47.83 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 19°F