Find Hotels in Canterbury
Great deals on hotels, cabins, vacation homes & more from $67
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
History buffs will enjoy exploring Canterbury, and visitors give high marks for the cathedral and lively bar scene. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its cafés. Top sights in the city include Canterbury Cathedral and St. Martin's Church.
- There are 104 hotels and other accommodations in Canterbury
- The closest major airport is in Manston (MSE-Kent Intl.), 12.8 mi (20.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in London (SEN-Southend), 25.8 mi (41.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Canterbury
Cultural venues in the city include Royal Museum and Art Gallery, Canterbury Roman Museum, and The Canterbury Tales. Its cathedral and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Canterbury Cathedral, St. Martin's Church, and Weaver's House. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Marlowe Theatre and Westgate Gardens.
In Canterbury, there are 104 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Renville Oast - Amenities at this 4-star bed & breakfast include free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Goss Hall Bed & Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free parking, and a terrace.
- Yorke Lodge - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean rooms.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Leeds Castle, 19.6 mi/31.5 km from the heart of the city, and Royal St George's Golf Club, which is 12.8 mi (20.7 km) away.
Getting Around Canterbury
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Canterbury West Station, Canterbury East Station, or Canterbury Sturry Station. Canterbury might not have very many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Canterbury
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 71°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 61°F and nighttime averages of 37°F
- About 1.02 inches of rain falls on Canterbury each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 69°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 35°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Canterbury?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Canterbury, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Canterbury?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Canterbury?
What's the best accommodation for a family vacation to Canterbury?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic vacation to Canterbury?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation in Canterbury?
What's the best hotel to stay near University of Kent?
What about the best place to stay near Canterbury Cathedral?
What's the best hotel to stay near the beach in Canterbury?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Canterbury?
Recent reviews of Canterbury hotels
More trip options
- Canterbury Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Canterbury Airports
- Hotels in Canterbury Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Canterbury Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Canterbury
- More Hotel Options in Canterbury
- More Popular Hotels in England
- Other Hotels near Canterbury, England
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends