Visitors can enjoy all that Canton has to offer including the restaurants, bars, and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's university setting, casinos, and museums.
- There are 20 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Quincy, IL (UIN-Quincy Regional-Baldwin Field), 26.1 mi (42 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Canton
A favorite place to visit in the city is Golden Age Toys. Additionally, you'll find Mark Twain Casino and Wakonda State Park in the area.
Below is a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Oak Hill Inn & Suites - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and breakfast.
Dressing for Canton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 57°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 17°F
- From April to June, the average is 86°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 18°F as the nighttime average
- About 39.21 inches of rain falls on Canton each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 86°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 19°F