Families will find kid-friendly activities in Hannibal, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its shopping, museums, and riverfront.
- There are 29 hotels and other accommodations in Hannibal
- The closest major airport is in Quincy, IL (UIN-Quincy Regional-Baldwin Field), 19.5 mi (31.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Hannibal
Well-known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Molly Brown Museum and Home, Jim's Journey: The Huck Finn Freedom Center, and Big River Train Town. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Mark Twain Memorial Lighthouse, Lovers Leap, and Rockcliffe Mansion. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and these places to visit: Mark Twain Cave, Mark Twain Lake, and Mark Twain State Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 29 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Hannibal. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Hannibal - Medical Center - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, quiet rooms.
- Sleep Inn & Suites - Our customers like the overall value and central location at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- River's Edge Motel - This 2-star motel features free WiFi, free parking, and a 24-hour front desk. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Hannibal
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 58°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 17°F
- From April to June, the average is 85°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 19°F as the nighttime average
- Hannibal gets about 41.39 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 85°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 20°F