Visitors can enjoy all that Palmyra has to offer including the coffeehouses, restaurants, and museums. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming locals.
- You'll find 26 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Hannibal
- The closest major airport is in Quincy, IL (UIN-Quincy Regional-Baldwin Field), 21.7 mi (34.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Palmyra
A favorite place to visit in the city is Gardner House Museum. In the area, you'll also find Villa Katherine Castle and Oakley Lindsay Center.
This is a top rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Budget Inn Palmyra - With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to 4 restaurants and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Palmyra
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 58°F during the day and 17°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 86°F with nighttime averages of 50°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 19°F
- About 41.42 inches of rain falls on Palmyra each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 85°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 20°F