Those traveling to Shelbyville are sure to enjoy the sights to see and things to do. There are 6 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Kirksville, MO (IRK-Kirksville Municipal), 32.3 mi (52 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Shelbyville
Shelby Coutny Historical Society and Museum is one of the places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, you can explore the sights and enjoy the activities in the larger area.
As you plan your trip to Shelbyville, you might not find an accommodation in the city center, but you can choose from 6 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Americas Best Value Inn - Monroe City is 20.5 mi (33 km) from central Shelbyville. Guests who stay at this 2-star motel in Monroe City can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Comfort Inn is 23.4 mi (37.6 km) from the center of Shelbyville. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Macon can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Super 8 by Wyndham Macon is located 23.5 mi (37.9 km) from the heart of Shelbyville. Guests who stay at this 2-star motel in Macon can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Dressing for Shelbyville
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 57°F and the nighttime average to be 14°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September averages 86°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 70°F during the day and 16°F at night
- About 36.61 inches of rain falls on Shelbyville each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 17°F