Visiting Monroe City
Travelers to Monroe City will find plenty to explore and enjoy. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming and quaint setting.
- You'll find 26 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Hannibal
- The closest major airport is in Quincy, IL (UIN-Quincy Regional-Baldwin Field), 34 mi (54.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Monroe City
Places to visit in the larger region include Mark Twain Lake, Mark Twain Birthplace State Historic Site, and Mark Twain State Park. Additionally, you'll find Gardner House Museum and Shelby Coutny Historical Society and Museum in the area.
This is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Americas Best Value Inn - Monroe City - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and quiet location.
Dressing for Monroe City
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 58°F during the day and 17°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 86°F with nighttime averages of 50°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 19°F
- About 41.42 inches of rain falls on Monroe City each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 85°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 20°F