Visitors to Chalong are sure to enjoy the spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples, festivals, and aquarium. Patong Beach, Chalong Temple, and Big Buddha are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 2946 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Phuket
- The closest major airport is in Phuket (HKT-Phuket Intl.), 18 mi (29 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Chalong
Attractions like Phuket Bird Park, Dolphins Bay Phuket, and Phuket Zoo are fun for kids of all ages. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Chalong Temple and Chalong Animal Hospital.
In Chalong, there are 120 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Cocoville Phuket Resort - This 3-star hotel features 2 outdoor pools, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean rooms.
- Signature Phuket Resort - With a stay at this 3-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Villa Zolitude Resort & Spa - This 5-star resort features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Patong Beach, located 4.5 mi (7.3 km) from the city center, and Big Buddha, which is 2.3 mi/3.7 km away.
Dressing for Chalong
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 93°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 93°F during the day and 75°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 73°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Chalong is 2.91 inches
- Hottest months are usually March and February with an average temperature of 92°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 72°F