Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Karon, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and lively bar scene. This city also attracts tourists with its quaint and relaxing setting. Top sights around the area include Patong Beach, Big Buddha, and Chalong Temple.
- You'll find 2943 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Phuket
- The closest major airport is in Phuket (HKT-Phuket Intl.), 18.9 mi (30.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Karon
Attractions like Dino Park Mini Golf and Kok Chang Safari Elephant Trekking are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Karon Beach, Kata Beach, and Kata Noi Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Big Buddha and Kata Porpeang Market.
In Karon, you'll find 400 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Shore at Katathani - This 5-star villa in Kata Beach features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia travelers love its dining options and pool.
- The Boathouse Phuket - Our customers like the bar and beach locale at this hotel. This 4-star hotel in Kata Beach features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- The Baray Villa by Sawasdee Village - This 4-star hotel in Kata Beach features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and comfortable beds.
Popular places to see in the area include Patong Beach, located 4.3 mi (7 km) from the city center, and Chalong Temple, which is 3 mi/4.8 km away.
Dressing for Karon
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 93°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 72°F
- From April to June, the average is 93°F during the day and 75°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 73°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Karon is 2.91 inches
- March and February are usually the hottest months averaging 92°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 72°F