Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Rawai, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its seafood restaurants and cocktail bars. Patong Beach, Promthep Cape, and Big Buddha are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 2955 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Phuket
- The closest major airport is in Phuket (HKT-Phuket Intl.), 22.2 mi (35.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Rawai
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Promthep Cape, Rawai Beach, and Laem Ka Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Seashell Museum and Rawai Art Village.
In Rawai, you'll be able to select from 488 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Le Piman Resort - This 3.5-star resort in Ban Saiyuan features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Cascades Resort Phuket - Our customers like the overall value and quiet location at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Navatara Phuket Resort - With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and clean, quiet rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Patong Beach, located 7.9 mi (12.7 km) from the city center, and Big Buddha, which is 3 mi/4.8 km away.
Dressing for Rawai
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 93°F and the nighttime average to be 72°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 93°F during the day and 75°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 73°F at night
- About 2.91 inches of rain falls on Rawai each year
- Hottest months are usually March and February with an average temperature of 92°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 72°F