Families will find kid-friendly activities in Patong, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, lively bar scene, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its restaurants. Top sights in the city include Patong Beach and Bangla Road.
- You'll find 2955 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Phuket
- The closest major airport is in Phuket (HKT-Phuket Intl.), 14.3 mi (23.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Patong
The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Patong Beach, Kalim Beach, and Tri Trang Beach. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Bangla Road, Royal Paradise Night Market, and Jungceylon Shopping Center. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Bangla Boxing Stadium and Patong Boxing Stadium.
In Patong, there are 830 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Jirana Patong - This 3.5-star villa features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia travelers love its central location and spacious, clean rooms.
- Alexander Hotel Patong - Our customers like the proximity to shopping and room size at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Bedbox Guesthouse & Hostel - Guests who stay at this 2-star hostel in Nanai Road can enjoy access to a 24-hour front desk and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and quiet location.
Popular places to see around the area include Phuket Fantasea, located 4 mi (6.4 km) from the city center, and Chalong Temple, which is 4.8 mi/7.8 km away.
Dressing for Patong
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 93°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 72°F
- From April to June, the average is 93°F during the day and 75°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 73°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Patong is 2.91 inches
- March and February are usually the hottest months averaging 92°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 72°F