Visitors can enjoy all that Chariton has to offer including the lakeside setting, golf courses, and coffeehouses. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its shopping.
- You'll find 17 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Osceola
- The closest major airport is in Des Moines, IA (DSM-Des Moines Intl.), 39.4 mi (63.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Chariton
Favorite places to visit in the city include Lucas County Court House, Red Haw State Park, and Lakeview Golf and Country Club. Additionally, you'll find Rathbun Lake in the area.
Below is a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Country Cabins Motel - This 2-star motel features free WiFi, free parking, and a free airport shuttle. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and helpful staff.
Dressing for Chariton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 56°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 11°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 70°F as the daytime average and 13°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Chariton is 37.48 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 84°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 14°F