Visitors can enjoy all that Indianola has to offer including the festivals, museums, and art. Tourists can also enjoy the city's baseball games and coffeehouses. Blank Park Zoo, Science Center of Iowa, and Salisbury House are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 147 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Des Moines
- The closest major airport is in Des Moines, IA (DSM-Des Moines Intl.), 14.5 mi (23.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Indianola
Favorite places to visit in the city include Lake Ahquabi State Park, National Balloon Museum, and Summerset Winery. In the area, you'll also find Blank Park Zoo and Science Center of Iowa.
This is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Indianola, IA - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
Popular places to visit in the area include Salisbury House, located 17.9 mi (28.8 km) from the city center, and Iowa State Capitol Building, which is 18.1 mi/29.2 km away.
Dressing for Indianola
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 56°F during the day and 14°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 35°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 86°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 69°F and nighttime averages of 15°F
- About 35.98 inches of rain falls on Indianola each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 84°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 17°F