Columbus Motels for the Frugal Traveler
You'll find 34 low-cost motels in Columbus among more than 338 lodging choices. When you pick one of these cheaper accommodations, you might not have many of the amenities found in a traditional hotel but you'll save more cash for your trip.
Because you'll save on your room, you can enjoy more of what Columbus has to offer. Not-to-be-missed sights include Ohio Theatre, COSI, and Columbus Museum of Art.
Fun fact: The first motels popped up in the 1920s as a place to stay for the weary traveler taking a road trip along the major roadways of America. Motels often include free parking, and many have outdoor pools.
Here are some of our customers' recommended Columbus motels to choose from:
Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Columbus-Ohio State University OSU
- Stay within a 5-minute drive of Ohio Stadium and Ohio State University.
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour front desk, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Columbus - Dublin
- Free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities are available during your stay.
- It's located within a short 9-minute drive of Columbus Zoo and Aquarium.
Days Inn by Wyndham Columbus Fairgrounds
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour front desk, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
- Stay within a 5-minute drive of Mapfre Stadium and Columbus Museum of Art.
Motel 6 Grove City
- It's located within a 10-minute drive of COSI and Ohio Theatre.
- Free WiFi and free parking are available during your stay, along with room amenities like cable TV.
German Village Inn Columbus
- Stay within a 5-minute drive of Ohio Theatre and COSI.
- Enjoy access to the parking, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Things to Do in Columbus
While you're sightseeing, check out the well-known zoo and great live music. Those who've visited Columbus love its shops, entertainment, and festivals.
Here are some popular places:
- Ohio Theatre
- Columbus Museum of Art
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Columbus Commons
- Battelle Riverfront Park
- Genoa Park and Amphitheater
You'll find these family-friendly attractions:
- Columbus Zoo and Aquarium
- Ohio Expo Center and State Fair
- Ohio State Fairgrounds
Columbus is also popular for its:
Best Time to Visit Columbus
Figure out the ideal time to visit Columbus by reviewing these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and June, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 58° F and nighttime temperatures average 22° F
- April-June: 85° F is the daytime average and 38° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 85° F and nighttime averages are around 51° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 71° F during the day and 24° F at night
- Average rainfall is 39.25 inches in a year
How to Get to Columbus and Around the Area
|Columbus, OH (CMH-John Glenn Columbus Intl.) ||Airport ||6.6 mi (10.6 km) |
|Marion, OH (MNN-Marion Municipal) ||Airport ||45.4 mi (73.1 km) |