Visitors to Culpeper are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés, monuments, and entertainment choices. A top sight in the area is Montpelier.
- There are 18 hotels and other accommodations in Culpeper
- The closest major airport is in Manassas, VA (MNZ-Manassas Regional), 32.3 mi (52.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Charlottesville, VA (CHO-Charlottesville-Albemarle), 32.4 mi (52.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Culpeper
The city's cultural venues include The Museum of Culpeper History and The State Theatre. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Library of Congress National Audio Visual Conservation Center and Culpeper National Cemetery.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Culpeper. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Culpeper - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Best Western Culpeper Inn - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Quality Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
A top sight outside the city is Montpelier, located 18 mi (28.9 km) from the city center.
Getting Around Culpeper
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Culpeper Station. Culpeper might not have very many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Culpeper
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 62°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 22°F
- From April to June, the average is 85°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 24°F as the nighttime average
- Culpeper gets about 38.94 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 85°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 24°F