Find Hotels in Syria, VA
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Oct 31, 2020
Reviewed on Nov 19, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Visitors are sure to enjoy all Syria has to offer including its hiking. Tourists can also enjoy the city's mountain views and lakeside setting. A top sight in the area is Luray Caverns.
- You'll find 90 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Luray
- The closest major airport is in Charlottesville, VA (CHO-Charlottesville-Albemarle), 25.9 mi (41.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Weyers Cave, VA (SHD-Shenandoah Valley Regional), 33.9 mi (54.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Syria
A favorite place to visit in the city is Rapidan Camp. Additionally, you'll find Luray Caverns in the area.
As you plan your vacation to Syria, the best accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 31 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Walk to White Oak Canyon Trail in Shenandoah National Park is located 2.3 mi (3.7 km) from the heart of Syria. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Luray can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its pool and quiet location.
- Secluded Mountain Cabin, Lakefront, Hiking, Fishing, Relaxing is 2.1 mi (3.4 km) from the center of Syria. This 2-star hotel in Luray features a restaurant, free parking, and a bar. Our customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Days Inn by Wyndham Luray Shenandoah is 12.2 mi (19.7 km) from central Syria. This 2-star motel in New Market features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Syria
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 61°F and the nighttime average to be 24°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 86°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 73°F during the day and 25°F at night
- About 42.95 inches of rain falls on Syria each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 85°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 26°F