Visiting Dewey Beach
Travelers to Dewey Beach give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping and bars.
- You'll find 473 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Rehoboth Beach
- The closest major airport is in Georgetown, DE (GED-Sussex County), 15.4 mi (24.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Cape May, NJ (WWD-Cape May County), 23.4 mi (37.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Dewey Beach
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and John Waples Memorial Playground. Additionally, you might want to add Baycenter for the Performing Arts to your agenda.
In Dewey Beach, you'll be able to select from 52 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Bay Resort - With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- Atlantic View Hotel - Our customers like the pool and proximity to shopping at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free parking.
- Hyatt Place Dewey Beach - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and an indoor pool. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Dressing for Dewey Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 60°F during the day and 25°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 86°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 74°F and nighttime averages of 26°F
- About 47.01 inches of rain falls on Dewey Beach each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 27°F