Visitors to Durango are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its welcoming locals. Top sights around the area include Guggenheim Museum Bilbao, Santiago Cathedral, and Zubizuri Bridge.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Durango
- The closest major airport is in Bilbao (BIO), 16 mi (25.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Vitoria (VIT), 19.7 mi (31.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Durango
A favorite place to visit in the city is Santa Maria de Uribarri Church. Additionally, in the area you'll find Guggenheim Museum Bilbao and Santiago Cathedral.
This is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Gran Hotel Durango - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its room size.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Zubizuri Bridge, located 15.5 mi (24.9 km) from the city center, and Plaza Moyua, which is 15.7 mi/25.2 km away.
Dressing for Durango
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 60°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 76°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 81°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 70°F and nighttime averages of 35°F
- About 1.10 inches of rain falls on Durango each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 79°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 35°F